Saturday 28 April 2012

Annie Get Your Gun

From seeing what's happening with Kate Bosworth in Coachella got me thinking. Its time I give west coast fashion the attention it deserves. Much influenced by western wear, a unique style from the clothes worn in the 19th-century American West. There are many take on western wear raging from cowboys, vaquero, singing cow boys and pioneers. Basic ensemble for western wear is Denim, cow boy hat, boots and belt. But I've always been a fan of the Western shirt, characterized by a stylized yoke in front and in back. It is usually long sleeve made from denim or tartan. Sometime seen with piping, bandana patches and fringe.



I love denim fabric as it can be bleach, darken, stretch, ripped, washed and being a tough durable fabric, this is a closet staple. Keeping in the cowboy spirit I've looked into patchwork on denim. Now I don't mean 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' kind of patch work. We will stay away from the iron this time...

Inspirations

Stockholm-SSAW
Stolen Girlfriends Club
www.joyrichclothing.com
Etsy.com
HUMOR-Maali 8711027 Denim Jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment