Wednesday 25 April 2012

DIY: Making Some Splash

So paint splatters is in right now. From James Long's 2012 collection...to Nikki Manaj for Roman Reloaded deluxe edition art. Seen in a kaleidoscope of colours used across a wide range of materials from knitwear to leather, we just can't get enough.

Inspirations

Nicki Minaj, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded
Rodeo Magazine
Dolce&Gabbana Spring 2008 Ready-to-Wear

DIY
 
I brought a rain coat from Topshop as I'm getting sick of carrying around my umbrella which either ends up in TFL lost and found or being really useless in the London windy rain. Being a coat from Topshop I'm bound to find someone from across the street sporting an identical one... and most likely with better shoes.. So this is going to get messy. Make sure you cover the surface of your work area. As I did mine in my kitchen, cling film seems fitting. Depends on what fabric you are working with you may have to use different type of paint. I use Dylon fabric paint.


Using masking tape and cling film to cover up areas i don't want to get paint on. I spray the bottom part of the coat with Pearlescent green spray paint and leave to dry. Dip your paint brush in paint, channeling Jackson Pollock and flick your brush aiming at desired area. Repeat same method with as many colours as you want and leave it to dry in a well ventilated room.


When paint is dry flip over the coat and repeat the whole process for the back......and...☂Happy time in the rain!☂

No comments:

Post a Comment