Monday 14 May 2012

DIY: Embelish shorts


This is probably the most popular DIY's ever. Shorts are becoming very versatile and are not restricted for the warm months. They are acceptable for any occasion depending on style and cut. Matching shorts suits are now being warn in the office and embellished shorts can be worn as evening wear a la Dolce & Gabbana. Shorts can be customized to make it your own in so many different ways, cut, frayed, dyed, studded are a few I have seen around. Here are some of my inspirations.

Tikipeter Eliza Doolittle in 2011 at Coachella

Rihanna in 2012 at Coachella

Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 2012

AllSaints Embellished Shorts

DIY by Effiesmakeupbox.blogspot.co.uk

Sretsis Daisy Duke Shorts

This is one of my earliest DIY project but thought it would be fitting for this post. I was feeling neon when I brought this ASOS pink denim. 

Step 1: With two pliers stud the denim on the left pocket. I did them very close together and near to the edges as possible. Using small studs apply them in a scatter pattern towards the left side. 

Step 2: Place 3 skull studs where there are spaces. Then sew on different size pearls on individually, scatter them between all the spaces. I want them to only congregate on one area so they don't look overdone.  


Step 3: In the end I decided to dip dye the plain side of the shorts orange. I use hand dye Dylon in Goldfish Orange, same way I did my dip dye post.


This piece is special to me...the first is always special ;) It taught me that if you want it done right then DIY! And thank you to all the talented blogger out there for the inspiration x




No comments:

Post a Comment