Thursday 10 May 2012

DIY: Hem Track Shorts


I would like to apologies in advance for the quality of the images in this post. It was a last minute alterations and I only had my iphone on me...tsk tsk. So, I brought an Adidas running shorts from a charity shop. It featured the 3 bars logo, would have preferred the original Trefoil logo but they are harder to find.



In the spirit of the Olympics I want to try and blog more on sports wear. To be honest I'm kind of a deer in the headlights when it comes to sports clothing. Walking into Nike Town or JD Sports is like entering a foreign land and I feel they can sense a non-sporty person had stepped into their territory. As it turns out the shorts I brought was in fact the men running shorts...there for I gave it a few wash before wearing them. The legs were too long and I was going for more the 'Michael Cera in Juno' short shorts look. Now there's a guy that can rock a yellow trackie like no other
.

Clip from film Juno

DIY

First I cut the bottom of the shorts to where I want them ( remember to leave a few inches for sewing up the hem). Also I have cut out the logo from the bottom strip to sew back on later. Then on the sewing machine, I stitched the hem like how the original was done. Sew back on the logo with needle and black thread.






Finish!



  Pair it with my new plastic pumps and I'm ready to roll...or run.

No comments:

Post a Comment