Tuesday 29 May 2012

I feel like sewing...


 When people are stress there are different ways to ease the tension, some clean, some go for a walk, some meditate and I sew. This is a recently developed habit but something about the intricate thread and needle that calms me. The accuracy that it requires help take your mind off other problems.

At first I just wanted to make some jewels applique for future use. I applied the design on netting to use on black clothing without having to sew directly onto the fabric. Glued the design in place and secure it with stitches. Stitched them on a leather bustier, good idea at first but then got carried away and ended up sewing metallic beads on then I wasn't happy with all the gaps so I filled them with small beads. And basically....I have sewn about 300 beads in total...and 3 hrs of my life I won't get back.














No comments:

Post a Comment